Leadership Studies Program Applications for Fall 2017!
Applications for the Minor and Certificate programs in Leadership Studies for Fall 2017 will open on Monday, September 11, 2017, and are due Friday, February 26, 2017 at 11:59 pm. Requirements, application, and more details are available on the "Applications" page of this website! Applicants can use the same application form for acceptance into the Minor or the Certificate. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Info About Our Minor and Certificate
We are excited to announce the official approval of the Leadership Studies Certificate in addition to the Leadership Studies Minor. This Students in the Leadership Studies program will have the choice to complete the certificate (21 credits) or the minor (15 credits). Both Programs will still require completion of the following core requirements:
- HESI 217 Introduction to Leadership
- HESI 315 Leadership in Groups and Organizations
- HESI 318 Applied Contextual Leadership OR HESI 418 - Special Topics in Leadership
- HESI 417 Advance Leadership Seminar
In addition to the above requirements, the minor will require one elective from our list of preapproved elective courses. The certificate will require two electives from the same list as the minor, plus completion of our Social Action course sequence, HESI 320 Social Action Seminar (2 credits) and HESI 321 Advanced Social Action Seminar (1 credit), in which students will research and develop a social action plan using leadership models and theories, then implement and assess their plan. Read more details in the "Courses" section here on the website.
Important Dates and Reminders
- September 11-29, 2017: Leadership Studies Minor and Certificate Program applications for Fall 2017 cohort are open.
- Wednesday, October 18, 2017: New student orientation and advising meeting, 6-7:30pm, in the Stamp Student Union. Required for the entire Fall 2017 cohort.
- Advising Meetings: New student advising meetings, required for the entire Fall 2017 Cohort. Students will receive information via email on how to sign up for a one-on-one 30 minute meeting with a member of the Leadership Studies coordination team.